All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cleansing

Can’t stop this downward spiral

Into the endless chasm

No longer do I linger

Standing on the precipices

Have taken the final step

Plunging into the unknown abyss

Air rushing past me

Pulling at my flesh

But I have no fear

My strength solidified

As I plummet through this barren space

Conviction of choice is but mine

Misunderstood by those I leave behind

Tree root tendrils protrude the canyon walls

Reaching out like beggars hands

Grasping at me – trying to stop the fall

I spiral and shimmy – out of their reach

I don’t want to be caught just yet

Past the sign – Don’t go back!

Hugged by the rushing air’s cool embrace

Floating like a thistle

Caught in the updraft

Never to reach the bottom

Suspended in space and time

No comments:

Post a Comment