All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Living Lies

Used and abused

Tortured for your amusement

Till I was finally told

I could never turn you on

Isn’t that what you said

But I didn’t want to see

For I believed

For years I lied

Only one mattered

That was me – Reality Dawning

There’s no turning back – No longer blind

Because now I know – You didn’t lie

Slept with one – he coveted another

Slept with another – he had many a lover

Slept with one too intoxicated to know better

This drought has been endless

I wander aimlessly – Searching for me

In all the wrong people

I will no longer bed the beast

I will not seal my soul

To dispute these beliefs

That seems so obscene

I must dispel this poison

That you pumped into my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment