All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Bill Ogden "Surf Art?"

I was given a print out of movie poster as a gift at a house costume party. I took it home & it went straight the Lounge Pin Board Wall, as I liked the clean line usage and the excellent colouring that was the very epitome of the 70's puberty blues era. Then I spent a week tracking down the artist Bill Ogden online, reading up of his history checking his website where his art is classified as Surf Art whilst the poster is a idyllic twilight beach scene in a Moroccan style border is most certainly not the most original. Ive seen this type of thing before in fact this style of beach scene was huge around the time of Big Wednesday movie. I have inadvertently stumbled across a surf/fantasy artist I had never heard of whose work has quickly become a favorite of mine to dwell and muse over (I especially like the surreal space image) .



You can check out a sample of his work on www.ogdenesqueart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment