All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

After Word

Cast me down

Violated this form

Mind – body – soul

My very existence

Subservient to you

Wield your blade

So adept with your scalpel

Slicing into the flesh

Making me less complete

Stapled the lips shut - I’m unable to speak

Unable to see- Eyes clamped shut

Taking the life from within my chest

Making me bleed – insides out

And outsides in – goes your sawdust mix

The garrotte across my neck

Red ribbon slithers down my chest

Check me in to the no name motor inn

Sterile and cramped no room to be

Mattress of steel with plastic sheet

For one lone night – cold and forgotten

Then shuffle me out making room for another

Into my new weatherboard home

Satin boudoir made for my waiting

Chiffon curtains billow – covers my face

Whilst I lay – waiting - anticipating

For those long lost loves

To come the annual revisiting

Fifty years – a mere passing

Quick as lightning striking

The once clean shiny house

Now old and grimy the varnish cracking

For these walls are now rotting

Caving in on my rotting

Whilst I continue to lay waiting

For the Finnegan’s incursion

To steal what’s left

Leaving the house and me

Empty and ash

No comments:

Post a Comment