All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trespass

You came on in

No invitation was sent

Enter the gate

To find nothing there

Barren and empty

No fertile ground to sow

Take possession of the garden

Tried to make it your own

No light shines down

Cold, dank – constantly in shadow

Try to penetrate the arid ground

Laying bitter rain

But nothing will stay

It all just washes away

Borders sandy

Leaves turn brown

Flowers wilting

Petals rotting off the stem

But still you continue

Till the soil – to no avail

Bindweed roots

A thousand miles to go

Sucking all your hard work dry

Leaving you spent and empty

Unfulfilled

No comments:

Post a Comment