All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Cat


I got this for my house warming from my grandmother, Deni, a couple of years ago. Its by Australian Artist Lionel Lindsay and its a copy of a wood-engraving on Japanese Vellum from 1922.It's just simply titled "The Cat".

Deni thought I would like it and it would appeal to me. She was right on the money. I normally don't keep cards, but this one I have and its on my lounge room Pin Board Wall so I thought it was worth sharing.



The cats pose is graceful and most certainly feline but primal, and whilst in the cats mind its playing with its new friend, we all know what cats do to playmates littler than them.

Its sort of playful but filled with menace. I'm a big explorer in embracing the Hyde within the Jekyll and how you cant have one without the other.

1 comment: