All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Friday, March 9, 2012

One

Floating on the ocean surface

Magenta strata clouds roll by lazily

Smeared across the orange dyed sky

Sounds of squawking laughter from high-flyers

Freezing cold water sheen - lapping at my naked body

Gooseflesh erupts to the surface of my skin

Below the tenous film of the oceans plane

Lies silken warmth like heated molasses

Whilst unseen schools of fish teem

Nibble at invisible morsels of single atoms

Awakening my hazy and listless senses

Blowing air kisses from pouting lips

Whilst brazen silk swirls - Whirling through the water

Unleashed and tangled like a wild black forest

Slipping beneath the surface into ignorant watery peace

One lingering breath escaping from my lips

As I slip beneath the tumultuous surface

Watch the rolling clouds that are warped and distorted

Sounds muffled to the barest of whispers

Replaced with the beating that rests in me

Held in stasis – my fears float away

Caught up in the rip – pulled out to sea

Last sliver of breath escapes my chest

As I continue to descend down and down

Till I rest on the ocean floors ruddy surface

Cool wet sandstorm envelopes me

Quicksand embracing my toes

Heart now pounding in my chest

Roaring in my ears – that only I hear

Fire burns within my lungs

Every Inch – pins and needles

Unfortunately its time to go

Pushing off – propelling myself

Until I break the surface

Chaos re-enters my senses

As I draw in breath ragged

Within the haven – disquiet harmony

Outside - no signs of peace

But I feel invigorated as I am one

Rising, falling upon the eddy

Shore bound waves roll upon roll

Until they expel me from the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment