All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ode To SK

I decided to post this even though I think its need more work I wrote this '88 and it keeps being tweaked to and added to. Much Like Richard O'Brien's Science Fiction Double Feature I posted yesterday, Ode to SK is for Stephen King. I love his books and am a big advocate of his work, because it more than horror -fantasy-supernatural aspects but because he is a great writer of the most well-rounded 3 dimensional characters.The poem contains titles of my favorite Stephen King Stories

Take his hand – Hold on tight

Cause we’re about to take a trip

Into the ultimate fright

Through the looking glass

Of his imagination

He invades my mind

Insomnia has set in

Lost in ponderous thought

That’s just the point - Isn’t IT?

As I take The Long Walk

Blaze The Green laden Mile

After all it’s his passion

For the unknown elements

That lives in the everyday known

That makes me crave his tales

Betrothed to Gerald playing deadly Games

As in my mind – I run, I walk

The endless sandy Duma Key

I must outlast all the others

That other failed to survive through

I must never falter -Stop motion photography

As the Sun Dog stalks me

Till it’s emerged out of the picture

To chase me down -Or it may be that

I could Shining a little from the glimmer the Overlook

In the dead of winter

But keep it clear in my mind

Faced by the The Road Virus That Heads North

That one of The Longelier – I am not

Trapped in inertia in Autopsy Room Four

Swaddled in rotting silk and fuming oranges

It is 14:08 by the ticking clock

The Stand is cheering on The Colorado Kid

As I survive each tale of fright

Hounded by raincoat men

That roams in the night

As I constantly move forward

Ever closer to the Dark Tower

But does my trip teach me anything

Or do I go back to the start

Smash my Cell phone

The ultimate social equalizer

That could turn on its owner

Without any warning

So hold on tight – Take his hand

Case we’re about to venture

Into another land of N.

Where the sword is less powerful

Than the power of his words

That he writes




No comments:

Post a Comment