All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Monday, March 5, 2012

For the Musing Pinboard

So I wanted something for my pinboard of some sort of literary significance so I started thinking of the book jackets and I thought about my fav books and tossed up between several of them. And decided as nice as some of them were they werent really making my daydream and contemplate without directly linking straight back to the book. Then I came across the format in passing from Fellow Blogger "Designing Springfield" who is a illustrator & graphic designer for Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes but its not obvious that that was what it was if you hadnt read the book.

So I took Designing Springfield nice clean font and signage design



And tweak it a bit for my pinboard using teabags and a lighter to age it a bit.



Now I can pin to my wall as it not only makes reference to one of my fav books but I have found its already working to helps to inspire me as I complete a poem that I started that i was getting stuck on, that was to pay tribute to Ray Bradbury's gothic tale.

For more awesome signs relating to well known movies from Designing Springfeld go to http://designingspringfield.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment