All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lessons Learned

Taught me how to laugh
And how to cry a sea of tears
How to defend myself in the worst of ways
Shutting the other out by keeping my distance
Taught me dignity to stand alone
Through a multitude of humiliations
You didnt what me to know your ways
Your true face through all the lies
Locked me out - Left me alone
Even when your were here
You kept your secrets well
And when you were here body and soul
I felt your stings of constant degradation
Wore me down and rebuilt me up
In your derelict , warped image
Now I know the real you
Better than I know myself
Now you have departed
And I'm no longer alone just broken

No comments:

Post a Comment