All storytellers - be they writer, poet, sculpture, cartoonist, songwriter,musician, painter, historian, moviemakers, architect or interior designer.................... inspire me too look at world through fresh eyes.

I'm a Aspiring Storyteller ~ Its what I love, it's what I breathe, it feeds my soul.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed Part Three Review & Trilogy Review


Book 3 opens with the couple of Christian & Anastasia honeymooning in Europe and leaving all their problems at home to fester unattended.


On the return home things return to how they were before with Anastasia questioning her decision and dealing with an increasingly overprotective and immovably blind Christian. As he refuses to not only open up to her about this past abut also the current ever increasing threat to their future.

To use a boxing analogy – just when they are appearing to crumble under the weight of the others heavy blows(demands for control vs. independence), along come a Blip of the 10th round that has both retreating to tend to their respective open wounds and to come out battling with renewed vigour and ferocity.Christian’s past also choose to strike with a three-fold assault determined to tear all their Hopes, Dreams and Future asunder until reaching the earth altering climax.

The last of the books deals a lot with Control, Independence, Stunted Emotional Growth, Revenge and overcoming these issues and looking forward to a future that will be threatened if these issues remain unresolved

To use another analogy that I used in the last review the wind turbine test tunnel has hit Mach 1 in this book, as I was on your edge of my seat as the suspense is interwoven thought out the plot artfully. It’s by no means perfect and the climax is a bit rushed for my liking .But it did to allow the writer to tie up everything in a nice ribbon afterwards.

I noticed that the author eased up on the heavily described sex aspect and had lot of snapshots of sex without the whole shebang, in order to propel the story forward. I really like and appreciate that the author made this sacrifice (not that I am a prude I am all for Steamy Smut or Kinky Fuckery), But I have seen too many authors sacrifice Plot for Sex Scenes in the past such as Laurell K Hamilton, Keri Arthur & Charlaine Harris and have promptly fell out of favour on my reading list for this reason alone.

I finished the book highly satisfied and had read a majority of it in one sitting.

I’m giving the final book a 4 out 5 as I found it a great read

As I read the entire series in less than 14 hours I thought it was highly entertaining, quick read and I can over look many of its faults on repetitive language and disjointed scenes (this was formatting issue with my copy more than the book itself) for this reason.  The Fifty Shades Trilogy a far superior series of books in every way to Twilight Books which was like a dragged leg like a injured dog makes the faults of bad grammar, inconsistent writing, bad plotting and irritating angst characters, all unforgivably in my eyes when the story is dead boring and offers suspense but then doesn’t deliver.

For the trilogy as a whole it gets 3.75 stars out of 5 and I’ve order myself a paperback copy box-set on its release (Twilight didn’t even get a star and I certainly wont by the books EVER).

No comments:

Post a Comment